Friday, August 7, 2009

Preview: D'espairsRay - Final Call

Thanks to Spike760 from Tainted World for alerting me to this.

So it's another 30-second preview of a track, but instead of it being up on their MySpace, it's up on their OHP. It's all the same shit - what we want is the preview so we can see how it's going to sound. Take a nice couple of listens here.

Track list is up there so I won't bother repeating here.

Now, when you are done with that read some of my thoughts. It's definitely harder than some of the stuff that was on Redeemer, but in a different vein than from some of the stuff that was on Mirror and [Coll:Set]. The sample is too short for me to classify it as a genre, but I already sense what might be a sudden chorus transition. The little preview is too short to render final judgment but the "shut down shut down"-"drum beat"-"chorus" sounds off beat. The chorus is also definitely lighter than the growls we heard, but I can't tell if the verses are all growls or it was just that one portion. It's also not that different from the verse but I heard all of two seconds so I won't judge. Yet.

So, it's OK. Not OMG SUPREME EPIC good but it's OK. Will wait until I get the whole track to see if I like it more or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment