Thursday, August 27, 2009

Review: Alice Nine - 華[hæ•nə] [Type C]

TYPE A & B REVIEW IS HERE (I know it says Type A but the only thing that separates those two from this one is the track that I'm going to review below).

I've actually known about this track for quite a while but I've been to damn lazy to go find and review it simply because there were so many things that I'd rather sit down and do instead. By that, what I mean is that there were so many other albums that I want to sit and review but ultimately not muster enough energy to do. In a few days I'm going off to college so this review was scheduled for that Thursday when I might not be able to type up a review. Is it lazy of me? Slightly but I'm thinking about all those Alice Nine fans that wait with bated breath to see what I think of High and Low.

OK, so I probably don't have any Alice Nine fans waiting on me to tell them what I think of the second B-side but I figure since I did the first two I might as well do three within the same month and leave Hana behind for good.

I still don't get the album covers at all. They're very weird and I don't see any resemblance to a flower in any form so I'm going to guess that they didn't mean flower with this single. This certainly comes nowhere close to being the "best" and there aren't any cards in this single at all. I'll cop out with the meaning "beauty".

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/pictures/l/08/36/KICM-1284.jpg
01. Hana (<-THIS IS HOW YOU SPELL IT) 02. Sleepwalker 03. High and Low
I have just one question to ask my viewers: what the hell was this? There are just some songs that you should not know the lyrics for, and High and Low is one of them. For that same purpose, I have given you the lyrics below to kill this song for you because you honestly should not enjoy this song. First off, the song has nothing to do with High's and Low's in any manner and it could have been related to life through the metaphor of a roller coaster, or it could have had to do with a depressed person addicted to their drugs that feels the "highs and lows", or basically something with a story! I have no idea what Shou's singing about (that's the vocalist's name) but the constant use of nonsensical Engrish mixed with lyrics about...nothing I can discern clearly...just kills this song for me.

So now you're going to want to know how I think this song sounds. Structurally, I like this song much more than Hana and SLEEPWALKER in that the chorus doesn't completely destroy the song. However, I think this song channels a little too much synth and the chorus doesn't pack the same punch that other bands manage (thinks UnsraW, ALSDEAD). I've read that this song channels some of the older Alice Nine while still keeping the fast tempo of their newer stuff and for this I cannot agree, disagree, or provide a valid opinion. All I know is when that electric effect kicks in at the end of the song and winds it down I know I'm done with this track. It may come off that I'm a superficial reviewer who gauges things on only how they sound and not what the lyrics mean but in this case I can't ignore these egregiously retarded lyrics.

So High and Low ends up like it's other two brethren: good for one listen to get you to say you've heard it and then tossed to the side because it's not worth playing twice. Hell, in the case of High and Low, I think once is enough.

Artists should not make music unless they have something important to sing about.

Score: 49%

Lyrics (although I didn't translate these myself I have no desire to seeing as how even with the choppy translation at hand there seems to be no point to this song):

Kakenunkete zanzou (Running through the afterimage)
kaza wa mata, iromeku (Wind is again, stirred)
Shitatakani SPEED SESSION (Severely SPEED SESSION)
Bure-ki nan te aru hazu nai (There is no expectation to a break)
Tobinotta DEAD COASTER (Jumping on DEAD COASTER)

Mazasu mono mo kimezu dasei de, sou IN THE PASSION (Target has also been decided inertially, seemingly IN THE PASSION)
Hashitta naka de dake mietekuru (It comes into view only while running)
Son na mon sa (That's it)

Shirazu shirazu ni juukou wo mukete (Unconsciously the muzzle is turned towards)
~Give you a perfect death right now~
Dakedo darekani furerareru koto motomete (However, request to perceive the matter by somebody)
I WANNA GO AWAY kudakechiru ummei sa (I WANNA GO AWAY shattered destiny)
~Lala breaking race of life~
OR YOU JUST GO AWAY? Kagayakeru daishou (Or you just go away? luster indemnification)

Mujuuryoku no hikari no naka de mieta no wa CRYING BABY (Is the CRYING BABY that was seen in the wieghtlessness' light)
Semegi au you ni nagare ni sakaratte (hesitating feelings, like going against the flow)
Chipponkena buraido mo nage sutete tsukami tore, sa~ (The tiny pride has too ben thrown away so grasp and take it)
Ashibayani no mimi suri nuke te yuku (At a quick pace gradually slipping through ear)
~Give you a perfect death right now~
Kimi ga sasayaku gokujou no NOISE, so plz-touch me, go crazy- (You whispered the finest NOISE, so plz-touch me, go crazy-)

Pray for high time kaki mida shite kure yo (Pray for high time it's stirring up)
~Lala breaking race of life~
Kick a low time yotei chouwa no GAME (Kick a low time Pre-established harmony's GAME)
~You cannot turn back already~

Baka shi ai no resu no naka de shinjitsu wo nusumi dase (In the race of fool and accomplice stealing the truth)

Shirazu shirazu ni juukou wo mukete (Unconsciously the muzzle is turned towards)
~Give you a perfect death right now~
Dakedo darekani furerareru koto motomete (However, request to perceive the matter by somebody)
I WANNA GO AWAY kudakechiru ummei sa (I WANNA GO AWAY shattered destiny)
~Lala breaking race of life~
OR YOU JUST GO AWAY? Kagayakeru daishou (Or you just go away? luster indemnification)

Kagiri no aru mono da kara koso kono toki wo ai sou (As it is a limited item so love this moment)


1 comment:

  1. lol Maybe I've got weird taste in music but High and Low was my favourite track on Hana.

    ReplyDelete