Friday, June 26, 2009

Review: Administrator - selfish clover

Time to do another obscure Japanese Indies band no one will ever discover because their name is so damn generic. Both their singles are free because, well, they're nice. I rather think it's because they need the exposure. Either way it's nice to have free music we don't have to feel bad for pirating later.


01. selfish clover

I regard selfish clover as the better single out of the two that they've given us for free so far (both singles can be downloaded at no charge here). It's the usual heavy rock mixed in with lighter vocals, but the melody happens to be a little different and perhaps catchy. That little touch alone makes the track a little more memorable, because there's nothing new or innovative here. The chorus itself is typical VK but I find myself remembering it despite it's slightly annoying tendencies to sound a lot like a bunch of other songs I've heard. Akuta's vocals need to grow on you a bit since they're up there and he doesn't sound too comfortable singing them, but there are a lot worse in the rock universe so he's really not that bad. I'm just afraid of hearing him going that high in concerts because it doesn't sound like he can always get up there.

That's it really. Just one track. What'd you expect, a whole EP for free? It's their first release so I'll give them time to grow but it sounds so generic I really don't expect them to. 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment