Sunday, June 28, 2009

Review: Administrator - Temaneku Taiyou

I meant to do this yesterday but I was too tired ._.

It's the only other song Administrator's given us for free (it's the same place you can download selfish clover from) and for all intents and purposes I like this song a little less.


01. Temaneku Taiyou

A person may wonder why I review a band with such a bland name that they've never heard of before. My answer to you is that no one else pays any attention to the smaller bands and they need the attention. So, on to Temaneku Taiyou, which I think translates as Beckoning the Sun. It's not as dark and heavy as selfish clover but it ends up going the path of almost any other upbeat VK rock track. It juxtaposes hard rock passages with a lighter chorus (that fits surprisingly enough) and it has a solo that's nice and technical but not very memorable. Everything is something that you've heard somewhere before.

I really do hate to do this but this band seems to have trouble standing out. Visual Kei Rock is a genre not seriously taken and it's for a good reason. All the bands sound like each other with minute differences between them and every once in a while a new band with a different sound comes along and they spawn many clone bands. Administrator doesn't remind me of any one band in particular, but they remain quite faceless. Their music is nice and pleasant to listen to but it's nothing special.

Well, the track is free and it's not like they outright suck so those are two pluses right there. I'm also keeping in mind this band just formed and they're still working out their "sound" and getting things just right. After listening to some atrocious music lately, Temaneku Taiyou doesn't sound bad. It's generic but pleasant. It's not something original but it's not horrible either. It's a nice track to listen to every once in a while but I doubt that I'd put it on repeat because it's THAT good.

7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment