Sunday, June 28, 2009

Review: The GazettE - Chigire

Don't assume I'm being lazy because I've been doing one song singles lately. I'm picking certain songs on purpose because I notice they lack reviews and exposures other than the fangirl-based "OMG THIS IS THE BEST SHYXT EVER GO LISTEN!!!11!+SHIFT". Chigire happens to be one of those often overlooked songs because not many people outside of Japan have it, and it was a live-distributed single at that.

Also, I am being lazy but let's look at the facts. Eventually I'm going to run out of albums and be stuck with singles and songs so it's better if I sprinkle them in here and there. You know I'm right...


01. Chigire

Do NOT ASK ME how I found that cover and if I can make it clearer. This happens to be the only website that has them so thank Jesus for whoever designed it and found this.

Most live distributed singles tend to either be re-recorded and re-released or just flat out suck. The band banks on the fact that since it's a whole lot rarer the fans will appreciate just having something other fans may never physically own. The GazettE likes to do things a little differently. They want the fans that attend their lives to not only own something no other fan has but to be proud to own it.

Chigire is probably one of the catchiest The GazettE songs ever created. It makes me kind of sad to know that overseas fans will have to search all over to get this song but it's well worth it. Looking at the time that it was released, Chigire is better than every song on the half-assed Gama. Period. It's reminiscent of their old style and their new style all at once, but it irons out the problems in both for a good 3:26 and creates a unique, pleasant track to listen to. I can see myself putting this on repeat just because of the vocal rhythms Ruki and the band employ at certain parts, and his singing and screaming balance out well (with more of the former and less of the latter). The band can slow down and speed up at an instant and every instrument shines on this track. From the drum rolls that start the track off (and the drum solo in the middle of the track!) to the clearly audible bass that supports the two dueling guitars throughout the whole song, this is a track that took risks and worked.

Why can't the GazettE put out more music like this? 10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment