Sunday, June 21, 2009

Review: Nega - ill

I'll do dig when I finish listening to the entire single and I can stop laughing at guilt trip.




01. idiot beauty
02. labia
03. lust[er]

Before I begin, I would like to bring your attention to the text on the side.

[What is love? What is sex?]

I'll give someone a cookie if they can figure out what this single is about.

The inclusion of an instrumental track on albums is already a questionable affair that not many bands pull off well, but an instrumental track on a 3 track single is mind boggling. idiot beauty attempts to channel some GazettE and fails miserably, and The GazettE failed miserably when they created Art Drawn by Vomit so figure how bad that track is. Not worth a listen so just skip it.

labia is about....labias. The first part of the song is in English and the entire song is about sex...as if that was a shock. The soft and the hard parts are put together and don't flow very well and Jin channels some serious Dir en grey screams at parts. It's nothing more than a wanna-be Marrow of a Bone track and it provides nothing special other than lulz and entertainment value as he mumbles some Engrish thinking it's cool when it's laughable at best. I actually feel quite bad for him. Also skip this one.

lust[er] is mostly in Japanese and is the best track off this single, and that's not saying much simply because I'll recommend you listen and see, which is one step up from a complete skip. It's also going to be the track from this single featured on their full length album coming up in a couple of weeks and other than being a solid rock track it sounds way too similar not only to the track that preceded it but to other tracks in the same genre. It's decent, but that's it, and one decent song can't save this single.

For the most part I recommend you skip this single completely because it's not that good. ill makes me ill just listening to it, and when a fan knows of what Nega is capable of this is a disappointment. I'll give it a 2 out of 5.

Here's hoping Grave of the Sacrifice will be a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment