Sunday, June 28, 2009

Review: Versailles - Ascendead Master (Limited Edition Tracks)

Had I known that the bonus tracks were this short, I wouldn't have bothered to go through so much trouble to get them. Had I known that I had heard these tracks already while watching the "movie", I wouldn't have waited so long to review them.

But alas I finally found them so here we go.

The rest of the review can be read here. Sorry to break it up into two parts.


Ascendead Master - Limited Edition A -
1. ASCENDEAD MASTER (Music: HIZAKI/Lyrics: KAMIJO)
2. HALLWAY [SOUNDTRACK] (Music: KAMIJO)
DVD: Part 1 of the Ascendead Master Movie


Ascendead Master - Limited Edition B -
1. ASCENDEAD MASTER (Music: HIZAKI/Lyrics: KAMIJO)
2. PILGRIM [SOUNDTRACK] (Music: KAMIJO)
DVD: Part 2 of the Ascendead Master Movie


Ascendead Master - Limited Edition C -
1. ASCENDEAD MASTER (Music: HIZAKI/Lyrics: KAMIJO)
2. COVENANT [SOUNDTRACK] (Music: KAMIJO)
DVD: Part 3 of the Ascendead Master Movie

If you've watched the Ascendead Master short movie, then you've heard all three of these tracks already and you just haven't noticed. I wanted to flip out when I got these three tracks just to discover that I already HAD heard them.

Each of these tracks are weaved into the movie so if you've seen the whole thing you've heard all three. Starting from the top and working my way down, we'll start with HALLWAY. It's actually the longest instrumental out of all of them nearing an almost epic two minutes. It starts out with some soft piano and I believe Kamijo was going for a foreboding, dark feeling. Nice violins and drum work that slow down into some flutes and woodwinds accompanied once again by that piano make this the second best instrumental after "Descendant of the Rose". Definitely a nice track to listen to.

PILGRIM doesn't get the same love as the previous track. It's a bit shorter but overall it's a quieter track throughout the beginning that doesn't get started until there's forty seconds left. To me, this sounds like it'd fit perfectly in the context of Halo in parts (and it makes me wonder if Versailles plays that game lol). It's not as good as HALLWAY but it's still a good listen.

COVENANT was the matrix-esque theme that made me lol when the vampires jumped the reporter. It starts out driven a lot quicker than the other two tracks and evolves into something greater as the song progresses. It's a shame that this track is so short because a few seconds more would have made this track better. It's just too short to really enjoy because then it ends and that makes me upset. Right up there with HALLWAY.

In a nutshell, each of these soundtracks are excellent in their own way but they're too short to justify buying just that one edition. I think overall you get the better package if you buy the regular edition since you get the best instrumental and Gekkakou.

Normally I'd feel bad about doing this but after a while they're going to run out of Limited Editions so I'll bite the bullet this one time and let the viewers download these tracks. They barely run past 4:30 in length anyway :\.

>>Ascendead Master<<
*It doesn't come with Ascendead Master

No comments:

Post a Comment