Monday, June 22, 2009

Review: Sadie - Struggle against betrayal

Wow, what a joyous way to start a song off:

I KILL MYSELF
I POUR MY ROTTEN BLOOD ON YOU
CRY FOR YOU

I knew there was a reason why I didn't like this song too much upon first listen, even if Mao's English is indecipherable.




01. Struggle against betrayal

So now that I have the lyrics (which are below if you want them) I can make an informed decision. I really hate this song. It's got too much screaming, Mao doesn't sing and the lyrics don't even have anything to do with struggling against betrayal. It doesn't even help that the entire song is in English and that the lyrics are your typical "I'm angry so I'm going to spout disgusting and dirty yet ultimately impossible things". For example, how are you going to kill yourself and then pour your rotten blood on someone? It's these types of lyrics that leave me wondering why this song was recorded in the first place.

If you're looking to buy it for whatever reason that may be, it was live distributed so good luck trying to find someone that wants to let go of it. Maybe not so much, since this song really isn't that good. Even though Mao speaks in English it comes across as gibberish as he combines three sentences into one and exhales it all in one scream so it's incoherent blabber that would make you laugh rather than fear him or wince.

The instrumentation isn't that good either. It's the kind of buzzawing guitar that explodes eardrums and it sounds like the boys recorded this a couple of hours before the show, and they probably did judging from the quality of this song. I have nothing noteworthy to say about any part of this song. It's a shitty version of Grieving the Dead Soul.

This is the worst Sadie song ever written. One out of five.

Lyrics

I kill myself
I pour my rotten blood on you.
Cry for you.

I hate you making a fool of me.
I want to murder you decieving me.
Let a restrained tangle loose.
I don't want to hear the excuse.
I already got tired of hearing the falsehood.
I'm drowned, and nothing looks sorrowful.
My heartless instinct makes darkness.
What is the thing which can save me
who was about to be broken?

Betrayal (fuck off)
Can you hear my pains and crys?
The reality gives me fear cruelly.

I pray with all my malice.
Disturb... disturb...

No comments:

Post a Comment