Sunday, June 21, 2009

Review: Nega - muddy cult

I'm unsure as to where muddy cult fits in the realms of albums and singles. As a physical CD it was only released as a music video yet Nega's placed it on their first ever album Grave of the Sacrifice. As if that weren't enough, the CD Visual Negativism sold out extremely fast due to the muddy cult PV. That video in itself did more for this band than both dig and ill combined, which means that it's going to be a surprising review.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This video is very disgusting and foul so if you are under 18 I'd advise you not watch it. Then again, this part right here probably made you want to click it even more...>.>

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjlOSCAb91m1HGlP9GjivNfkF1i9b10GHa8516BOS3fkrPnxJ5MFQR0A3qO1Ffay4dm7rdTwekNdEg-RjYQcTGLOUkemklzEcnk_lLAobUeZYVOVd80nvfb5cVUI0Ev8YM3s04TQ1jChE0/s400/Nega_DVD_cover.jpg

The reason why this video is so infamous in the indies Visual Kei scene and also amongst Nega fans is because it's the most disgusting video this side of Obscure. It's vile, it's disgusting, it's got an air of disturbing elegance to it, and also because the song itself is the best thing Nega has put out in quite a while.

Since I've given you the link to it I don't need to explain the way the music sounds. What I like in this music video starts with the slow-down somewhere in the middle. The beautiful part about this is that it shows that Nega knows how to contrast loud and soft, unlike ill showcases. In a weird way, it also reminds me of the interlude from the Obscure video and how the most pivotal part of the entire video happens when they "cut the lights", so to speak.

I haven't even heard many of the songs on Grave of the Sacrifice and I can already say that this song is going to me one of the major highlights on that album. The music portion of the video gets a 4 out of 5, because I'm not exactly sure when the song is supposed to "begin" but the video gets a 4.5 because in some parts I have absolutely no idea what's going on and it's a flash of blood, gore, and maggots.

No comments:

Post a Comment