Friday, July 24, 2009

Preview: girugämesh - BORDER

I was originally done for the day when I came across a preview of girugämesh's new single, which should be out in a week or two. So, in order to keep things fresh, I decided to do a preview. Real simple stuff: I take a glance or two at the samples and see what I feel.



01. Border
02. 睡蓮


01. Border
02. 睡蓮

These were the biggest I could find the covers because I'm not interested in actually doing any work until the fifth when it comes out. I actually think the covers look un-girugämesh-y and I don't like them at the moment but perhaps that will change when I get a picture bigger than the size of an atom.

Top is limited, bottom is regular.

45 second preview is up on their MySpace. From what I hear I like but the chorus sounds ehh. I have a sinking feeling Border is going to abuse electronic effects and sound like another Alive. Alive was OK but I want girugämesh to expand on this new electrorock sound they have since they don't seem like they're going to leave it anytime soon. Border sounds a lot like Alive because both just played one after another and there is very little difference.

Perhaps it's just the individual package. But then again, it's girugämesh. An honest fan like me will tell you that even though their music is enjoyable, there are very few tracks that don't sound like something they haven't done before.

So Border as a title track is looking to be a pretty decent track but nothing revolutionary by girugämesh standards. What I want most out of this band is for them to blend their new electronic style of rock with their older, harder style on one album and to do it well so the next album isn't repetitive. Here's hoping the B-side is a normal ballad, or at the very least that it samples from puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment