Friday, July 24, 2009

Review: Nega - Grave of the Sacrifice (Audible Grave Type)

I'm not happy with the album but I figured putting these two together was logical.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/pictures/l/05/45/UCCD-237B.jpg
01. Hold a Funeral
02. the Grave
03. Soul cry
04. muddy cult
05. Baku - Kono Akumu Kurai Tama e-
06. Nameless alice
07. HATE HATE HATE
08. guilt trip
09. 17sai no Kodoku
10. lust[er]
11. reminiscence
12. in the shadow of the rain cloud
98. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku

It’s another soft track, backed by piano and soft guitar. Not what I was looking forward to hearing from Nega but I suppose it only makes sense seeing as how it’s 86 tracks after in the shadow of the rain cloud. I do think that this could have replaced 17sai no Kodoku at any rate, but it’s nothing special. I’m actually getting sick of this album so I’ll cut this short here.

7/10


Both editions are exactly the same objectively and subjectively, and I'm actually feeling the balance on this album is unequal. Too many hard tracks at the beginning, too many soft tracks at the end, too many singles spaced throughout the album. All that ruins the flow of the album a lot and when it comes down to it, there isn't anything new that Nega has given us that really gives this album some meat. One new track cannot support the entire album.

Not enough screamy Nega.

67%

No comments:

Post a Comment