Saturday, July 4, 2009

Review: Shinkou Shuukyou Gakudan NoGoD - Saikou no Sekai

I'm going to be gone for a few days starting tomorrow so there probably won't be any more reviews until later in the week. Zesshoku has to go all the way to his college for "orientation". Joyous. In the meanwhile, I'm going to review Saikou no Sekai because I'll have to do it eventually.

Expect a Lyrical Sympathy review when I return.



01. Saikou no Sekai
02. Shirasagi

Yes, both these tracks are on their first album Mugen Kyou. Yes, I already reviewed Mugen Kyou. So why the hell am I doing this? Because I'll have to eventually so I might as well do it now.

Saikou no Sekai is definitely the better of the two songs here and my judgment isn't because I prefer harder tracks over most other things. The teamwork between Kyrie and Shinno makes the track stand out on this album, and the lyrics are about forging a better world out of the one we're surrounded with. It's a usual NoGoD theme but it works just fine in this song. The solo feels like it comes a bit early into the song but that's because this piece moves at such a sprinting pace it moves faster than you realize. The end of the song doesn't disappoint at all and the few seconds where Danchou sings without accompaniment shows how much stronger his voice has gotten over time. Translated as "A Better World", the inclusion of this track makes this "a better single".

Shirasagi
, the next track, doesn’t have the same punch as Saikou no Sekai. The melody is light and bouncy, but the melody is too ordinary even by NoGoD standards. The song seems to rely overly on Danchou’s falsetto and the instruments don't bring it, especially after the first track. I haven't translated the lyrics either but I might like it a bit more afterwards. It's nice for easy listening but Saikou no Sekai is definitely better all-around.

Now you don't actually need to go buy this single because it's harder than it needs to be and you can just buy the album and get them both. I just thought it was worth a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment